Wednesday 2 December 2015

5.Trees



I knew that I wanted interesting looking designs for the trees so I made a moodboard researching interesting looking trees from reality to help me get ideas for my designs.


I also made another moodboard researching 3D and art done by other people for inspiration. I really like the spirally designs of the branches of the tress in the top left corner. Reminds me of the Tim Burton Symbolism style and it is something I plan to use in my designs. I also like the design of the orange three model in the middle. It gives off a very tall feeling to it and the bend of it gives it a lot of character, as well as the color. The face idea that is carved in the tree with glowing eyes is interesting and I would love to use it, but I feel like it would suit a darker environment better.


These are the designs I came up with for the trees, and I decided to chose one from each column to model and bring into the 3D world. Design wise I was inspired by symbolism found in other peoples art, like the spiraly designs that Tim Burton uses in his art. I also like the cubic design that I came up with for the trees and decided to go with that.
Other designs and color palettes are in the sketchbook that will be provided with this blog.

In my sketchbook, that I wanted to make the production diary I made some designs for trees and some color pallets.

This is a drawing I made with a tree that holds lots of houses for creatures, fairies and litlle spirits in the forest.




These are some color variation sketches I drew using colored pencils on my sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment