Thursday 10 December 2015

14.Sun Design and Progress

 













I started importing my other assets in Unreal and building the scene here I managed to give transparency to the lake plane and put in some spot lights to make the lake glow. I put some lights in front of the rock, as it makes it look like its the origin of the lights and the focus point in the lake.
I made the sky purple and orange, two colors that complement each other well and are also colors seen in sunsets.



As the environment is cartoon looking I decided to create an interesting looking sun, I always liked the idea of having smiley suns in animations. The design is inspired by a sun design found in a Japanese animation called Soul Eater. The design of the sun is kind of scary, but it works well with the show. I chose to make the sun look a little bit scary because I really liked the design. However, making a design first does not mean it can't have a purpose in the story. Before designing anything it has to have a purpose in the story, but new ideas can change the story and make it more interesting.
I came up with the idea that the sun can be a living entity and it has been possessed by an evil spirit and somehow the protagonist will have to find a way to get the sun back to normal, as madness start to take over nature and all the good spirits and creatures turn evil.

In the engine, I made the sun into a plane and attached a glowing shader on it that I borrowed from a free scene in the Unreal Market calle Styleized Rendering. I also took the controls from the original scene, that had the rays of its sun spinning and added to my sun. However, in order to make just the rays spin I added them onto a different plane and gave it the animation.





No comments:

Post a Comment