Thursday 10 December 2015

Final Product

This is the final product that I was able to produce. I'm pretty happy with what I was able to produce.
I'm very happy with the design of the lake with the lights shining bright blue and the animated plane waves that I borrowed from the Unreal free scene from the Unreal Market called Styleized Rendering. I put some lamp posts inside the lake because it made it look like nature took over the town and the gate behind the lake enhances this idea too.
   There are sound effects in the scene that can be heard while walking trough the scene. I put water sounds and frogs croaking sound around the lake. There are bird sounds around the scene too that can be heard while approaching an area with a lot of trees around.

I have also used some shaders from the Steyleized Rendering scene, that I deconstruct it in order to help me improve mine.

However I'm not entirely happy with the design part of the city. I wanted to make it more gothic with saturated dark cold color and have them be more detailed and not go with the Steampunk theme. I wanted to make the city very detailed and make it a proper town but the time would've not been enough to do so.




The clock tower has particles on them. The steam particle and the smoke particle that came with the starter content in Unreal. I also added around that area to be triggered the sound of steam and a clock ticking from the tower.

All the ambient sound effects in the scene have been downloaded from this site:
https://www.freesound.org/browse/tags/sound-effects/

There is also a background music playing all over the scene called Tample of the Manes that was borrowed from Royalty Free Music.
The link to their site is here:
http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/collections.php
This is the link to the song itself on the site:
http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?isrc=USUAN1100053

The clock tower ticking, releasing smoke and steam indicates that someone is living in there, as opposed to the other buildings which are abandoned. I chose to make this decision at the last minute, for I decided to place a character in the story line that would live inside that building. Making such a decision would give more dynamic in play ability in the scene, as the player has two choices to make. Either go to the lake to see the spirit or go to the tower and see who's living in there. In the tower there's a creature of the forest that got intrigued with the technology of man and decided to live there and study it.




I decided to use Unreal to show off my assets in the scene, as it makes it much more enjoyable to walk around the environment as a player. Therefore there is no play-ability in it. My project is focused on the design aspect of a game and art direction. The environment I built is built on a story and is heavily focused on delivering the atmosphere of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment