Thursday 3 December 2015

11.Rock



Following an art image I found, I decided to make an enchanted rock glowing with runes that would signify the presence of the spirit laying trapped in the rock. I decided that I would put this rock into the lake and have it be the source of glow. 

The character's purpose in this environment scene is to find the spirit in the lake and ask for it's help to save his mother. The game for which the environment is built is supposed to be player choice based, and so I came up with the idea of having the spirit be trapped in a rock and one of the player's tasks is to free the spirit from the rock prison. 


This is the design I came up with, and I decided that the rock will have runes on it, as to identify what is keeping the water spirit trapped inside the rock. The choice of having the lake be simply static and not have a cascade or a source of where it originates works well with this idea, as the rock seems to be the source of where it comes from and it also shows the prison the spirit is trapped in. This choice of design could mean that the spirit was trapped there using magic by humans in order to keep it caged, as it could mean that the spirit is bad and would most likely trick the player into making a bad choice and a major affect on the story line.

The textures were again painted by hand and I also generated a normal map to give depth and detail to the object.
I also modeled some ground rocks with vines covering them based on the designs on my sketchbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment