Wednesday 9 December 2015

13.Ground




For the grass texture I made two different texture and I decided to go for the more simple one, for works with the other objects that I have. The models I have are more detailed and I think that a simple texture complements the detailed models. I decided to go with the cool grass color at the bottom, for it goes well with the green and blue pallet the trees have. I also generated normal maps for the textures to give them depth.


I made tiles for the city and decided that the ones on the right were too simple and wouldn't blend with the forest ground, so I decided to darken the colors and add more splatters and green as to give the impression that the grass is growing over the tiles. I also aded normal maps to increase the detail on the ground and make it look 3D.



This is how the ground looks in Unreal Engine I made a Landscape that I can sculpt and manipulate and raise the ground. This is used to make mountains and hills. I used painting and blended the two textures together to make it look like the two worlds take over each other. I decided to use Unreal Engine and Import all the assets I made in Maya. I feel like Unreal is a good way to make your assets looks good and just have the player walk trough your environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment