Wednesday 9 December 2015

12. Clock Tower


When making the clock tower I wasn't sure what shape I wanted it to be so I made a few base meshes of different kinds to get an idea. In the end I chose the 3rd one in terms of form because I knew that I wanted a cartoon like building and I felt that having a building with a narrow base gave it more character. While the first one is interesting in terms of architecture, it still feels that it belongs in reality, while 3rd form is not. In reality a narrow base would not work, for a building needs a big base in order to sustain itself.




I modeled the gothic clocktower that I came up with and I really like, however, I decided not to keep it because in the end the theme would be steampunk and the tower I had in mind would be very big and it did not adjust to the size and style of the trees.
 

This is what the tower ended up looking like based on some sketches that I did. I made the tower be bent because I thought it will make more interesting. The boiler and pipes connected to the building gives off the steampunk idea and it works really well. I also added multiple clocks, as in steampunk time is also a very used symbol. The windows are very gothic like and work well with the design. I also chose to make the clocks look low poly and angular, for I feel it make the style more appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment