Wednesday 2 December 2015

7.The Lake



My general inspiration for the lake is to make it glowing bright blue and clear and I got inspired from lakes that exist, the Devil's Lake and Beusnita Eye Lake in Romania, and Tamolitch Pool in Oregon, USA.


I made some silhouettes just to make loosen myself and experiment with some ideas of how I wanted the lake to look like and the scale of it. I also wanted to experiment with whether or not I wanted to have a cascade or not. The first and second designs are of simple designs, like the second one is supposed to be a lake carved further into the ground, similar to the Devil's Lake I got inspired from.



These are more detailed designs I made for the lake ideas I liked more and I ended up going with the first idea of the lake, because it seems like the simplest one to make and given the time to do the project, a more complicated design with a wall and a cascade would've taken more time and would not have been completed in time.
Other designs and sketches are in the sketchbook.

This is a sketch of the lake with a waterfall in my sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment